Travelers in Busan can once again enjoy the thrill of riding the Songdo marine cable car after it has been restored and rebranded as Busan Air Cruise.
Coming out of a KRW 66.5 billion rehabilitation project, the Busan Air Cruise is dubbed as Korea’s highest marine propulsion cable car. It offers an unparalleled view of Amnam Park, Namhang and the Yeongdo coastline at 86 meters above the sea.
To ride the cable car, you can drop off at Amnam Park or Songdo Beach. One-way travel time takes up to 8 minutes and 30 seconds. Each cable car can hold 8 people.
A roundtrip will cost KRW 15,000 (PHP 690*) for a regular car, and KRW 20,000 (PHP920*) for the crystal cruise, which have transparent floors.
The cable car operates daily year-round from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. It extends operations to 11 p.m. and 12 a.m. on peak periods (See below for full schedule).
A. Jan-Jun, Sep-Dec.
- Mon-Thu, Sun., Holiday – 9:00 to 22:00
- Fri, Sat, day before the holiday – 9:00 to 23:00
- Mon-Thu, Sun., Holiday – 9:00 to 23:00
- Fri, Sat, day before the holiday – 9:00 to 24:00
- Adult (roundtrip/one-way) – 15,000 won / 12,000 won
- Child (RT/one-way) – 11,000 won / 9,000 won
- Adult (RT/one-way) – 20,000 won / 16,000 won
- Child (RT/one-way) – 15,000 won / 12,000 won
*1 KRW = 0.046 PHP